Paul The Orange!

- Monday, July 02, 2007 -

Crazy weekends had passed! Hectic, tiring, lack of sleep but totally fun!

SATURDAY - Visited YTSS for their YTFiesta early in the morning in that scorching weather to support Nick who turns out to be Mdm Sausah's son!!! He was a terrific magician, performing an entertaining brand of parlour magic just to raise funds for the school! Well, I tried to help him out by making balloons for him to give away, at the same time giving him some feedback on his 1st show so he could do better on the new few shows.. Hope that helps Nick! =) Oh yea, I decided to give him my SAM ticket to the Masters of Magic too!

Rushed down to Orchard immediately at 2.30pm under the burning sun which was roasting me alive! Lloyd told me Albert Tam - Asia's Director for Fantasma Magic, is in Singapore and would be down to visit Fantasma @ Forum Toys R Us.. Thus, I took over Ong's shift for the day.. In the end, he didn't make it.. It was fun working in forum though as i have not been there for ages! Haha!

Rushed down to Toa Payoh for SMC meeting at 8pm to meet up Bowen and the rest of the peeps for magic sessioning. Had dinner at Kopitiam - Char kway teow, chatted with Gorden throughout the whole night! He's a very nice guy! Took the last train home with Bowen and Gorden and I was totally worn out..

There's a show the next day! Which means I gotto repair my changebag which broke into 3 parts in my previous show! Took me 2 hours! Slept at 3am


SUNDAY - Woke up at 7 am to rehearse for the kids show - Changebag & Bookworm Routine. Prepared my balloons, props, clothes, rushed to meet Jazz & Jannson at 10.45am and travelled all the way from Yishun to Simei. Again, the weather = MADNESS! We were half an hour earlier which means ample time to prepare for the whole show~!

Balloons were crazy! 40 kids in an hour with smart kids asking for rocket launchers and space shuttles! The rest were the usuals.. Thanks to Jazz and Zhiquan who helped out with the ballooning, it sped up everything~

Immediately after the last kid, the magic show starts! Jazz was nervous! Good job anyway! And the kids were crazy~! They screamed like they've not screamed before and I believe they had loads of fun and laughter =) I had fun too! Magic word = Pok Pok Keh!

After the show - Zhiquan, Me, Jazz!
Show ended with a quick pack-up, and cab from Savannah CondoPark to Victoria Theatre, dropping Jazz & Zhiquan on the way.


Hurried into Victoria Theatre at 3.15pm for the SAM Annual Theatre Show - Masters of Magic.. I wasn't there to perform magic but to asist in backstage work for this event. However, I was assigned to help out Tito Chris - a professional magician from Manila, Philliphines. He's a super friendly and funny guy and I was suppose to be his assistant up on stage! With me catching canes and flowers, it made the whole act look really funny! Especially when I missed.. =D It felt really special being his assistant as he made me part of the show too! Of course, backstage assistance included helping the other magicians like Chalres Choo, Imran & Kyle with their props & illusion setups.

Rehearsals started and soon the actual show.. Everything ended relatively quickly as everyone was busy making sure the show went on well and nothing screws up. It was a successful show well done by everyone! Magicians who totally amazed me were JoeYu with his beautiful dove act, Charles Choo with all his beautiful bouquet of flowers, Jeremy Pei with his jumbo card manipulation act and definitely Tito Chris with his brilliant kids magic!

Me & Tito Chris after the show!

Me & Mystifying Imran - Great Magic Friend!

Me & Kiki Tay - The Pink Magician! He's so cute, funny & entertaining!

Night ended with a long walk from Victoria Theatre to Lau Pa Sat for supper with RP Magic IG, Melvin & Brandon and a long wait for taxi ride, reaching home at 1.15pm. I ran dry of energy.

TODAY - I felt like a zombie I didn't go for classes =(