Paul The Orange!

- Sunday, August 12, 2007 -

Exams are starting in 3 days and magic competition's on this Saturday! I'm not prepared for any yet.
I want to get through my semester, thus, studies' No.1 priority now.
Competition - Just do my best, doesn't matter if I cannot qualify for the finals. I'm there to have fun!

Srini's gone! I've realised how much I'm missing him now that he has flown to the States for good. BUDDY for 10 years and will always be BUDDIES! I can remember those days from Mrs Singh, to Mrs Raj, to Mrs Mano.. Plus all the times we went talking crap, having fun, safra days.. I'm missing all that right now.. Like what many say - people always learn to to treasure things more when they lose it.. See you soon Srini! Bring some blondes back! =X

Walk-around magic at the cocktail for PSA marine pilots DnD was fun! Kenneth made balloons while I performed magic.. Great experience performing for adults, most enjoyed themselves except for a few who just don't appreciate watching magic.. It's OK! Overall, managed to pace myself to cover 95% of the crowd in the 1 hour with my coins, cards, dingdong, rings. Prepared a fastfood betting game which seemed to work really well too!

Some funny incidents that happened inculded a women telling me 4-5 times to stop shaking my hands! Haha! I wasn't nervous at all, I guess it's just the adrenaline rushing while I'm doing my card routines and the spongeball routine with the "black thread on top of the ball".

One guy came to me in the end while I was performing and exclaimed, "If you can really perform magic, make my 4 numbers win tonight's lucky draw!" Of course, he got me speechless for a while and the guests laughed. Throughout my performance for the group, it was pretty obvious that he just didn't like magic & me at all! It's alright, part & parcel of performing magic! =)

Oh! There was also this pretty looking girl - Madeline - dressed in angel suit going around playing dice games with the guests! I believe she must be surprised when I approached her with Kenneth.. Guess what, I took her dice and transformed it to a coin, and back to the dice! Lol~ She gasped for a second.

Magic ended with an ice cold tiger beer and chocolate fondue before heading back to the dressing room. Woo~

Surprise Surprise! We actually got to meet a local Singaporean Bapok in the changing room too! I went WOW knowing how friendly he/she was, and also how confident he/she was being a Bapok! SALUTE!

Everything ended with a mistake in the payment for the show.. I take it as my mistake and a learning experience too.. =) Not a very pleasant ending but well, every event's a new experience!

Kenneth & I